May Arts and Helmar Blog HopPosted: November 21, 2012
Hello and welcome to day two of the May Arts and Helmar blog hop! I’m so happy you’ve visited my blog today, and you have a chance to win amazing products. Helmar will be giving away TWO Arts and Crafts Starter Packs:
and May Arts will be giving away 2 prizes of the winners choice of two spools of ribbon!
Pretty exciting! So, how do you enter to win a chance at one of these grand prizes? Hop through with us and visit each designer’s blog and leave a comment on their Helmar and May Arts Blog Hop post. The first winners will be chosen on the 21st and the second winners will be chosen after the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend! Below my projects, you will find the list of all of the participants. So, let’s get started!!!
I’m doing a little series here on Sparkling Gnome called “Thoughtsgiving.” Each day, for the week before Thanksgiving, I am sharing a quote, a song, a personal story, and a scrappy page/crafty creation. I am taking all of the pieces that I make during this time, and making them into a mini book. So, for the hop today, I made the cover to the mini! I used Zutter canvas boards, that have a nice canvas texture on the front, and a smooth clipboard wood on the back.
I used May Arts ribbon on the bottom of the cover page. The poor ribbon had to endure being dragged through brown Dylusions mist, and then further inked with some blue ink. I adhered the ribbon and all of the embellishments on this page using Helmar 450 Quick Dry!! I looooove that stuff…it’s amazeballs!
Somehow mixing up the brown Dylusions with gesso turned it quite pink…and it even got sort of rusty red when I sprayed over the top, as well. It’s a very unique color, even if that wasn’t what I intended. 😉
Using the same ribbon as a border, I created a “flip page” for part of my title. I started with an old library date due card. As a librarian, I have a bunch of those hanging around. I love the size, and the handwritten names and stamped dates.
I also dragged the ribbon through the mist, and added some random rubs of ink.
I also added a generous coat of Clearsnap mist over the top of the completed tag…and it almost looks frosty. I love it!
Thank you so much for hopping by today, and hop on over to my friend Nicole’s blog for a look!
In case you can’t find a comment box, check up on the post header, and you’ll see the comment option. I don’t want you to miss out on a chance to win goodies! 🙂
Day 1 – November 19th
- Charlene Driggs: http://www.paperandinkplayground.com/
- Letitia Grace Lauer : http://www.gracesscrapattic.blogspot.com
- Alexcia Patterson-Schroll: http://makeandmingle.wordpress.com/
- Kate Vickers: http://www.scrapsation.com
- Christina Colón: http://www.thetwistedmuse.com/
- Jen Matott: http://arttalk-sigmagirl.blogspot.com/
- Gini Williams Cagle: http://www.ginicagle.blogspot.com/
- Carisa Zgloblicki: http://ladyguineveresinkyfaeries.blogspot.ca/
- Emily Lanham: http://createserendipity.blogspot.com/
- Jen Shears: http://jenshearsdesigns.blogspot.com/
- Jingle: http://www.justjingle.blogspot.com/
Day 2 – November 20th
- Karen Baker: http://thebalddragonfly.blogspot.com/
- Martha Richardson http://themermaidscloset.blogspot.com/
- Kendra Wiggins: http://scrappincricut.org/
- Lisa Wilkinson: http://www.createfor7.blogspot.com
- Leah Farrar-White: http://1alabasterowl.blogspot.com/
- Sally Lynn MacDonald: http://www.sallylynnmacdonald.com/
- Monica Edwards: http://scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
- Amy Lassiter: https://sparklinggnome.wordpress.com
- Nicole Martel: http://www.nicolemartel.blogspot.com/
- Virginia Fynes: http://www.fynesdesigns.com/