10 Songs That Kick Start My CreativityPosted: September 11, 2011
Well, I *almost* missed posting for Shimelle’s 10 Things on the Tenth of the Month; but I still have an hour and 1/2 left of the 10th.
As someone who is a musician, I have lots of music on my iPod. I have things in so many different genres and styles, that I would be a little nervous about people just randomly looking through my music. I mean……they may get the wrong idea about me. Or, maybe not. 😉
So here are 10 of my current favorite songs that kick start my creativity, done backwards in Dave Letterman style. And as an aside….it was SO hard to pick just ten. AND I tried to create a playlist….. very unsuccessfully. So, if you want to listen to any of these fabulous tunes, just go to www.grooveshark.com, and plug in the title and artist. I love Grooveshark.
10. “Lights” by Ellie Goulding
9.”Wait It Out” by Imogen Heap
8. “Come Around Sundown” by The Kings of Leon
7. “Dondante” by My Morning Jacket
6. “What You Know” by Two Door Cinema Club
5. “Comfortably Numb” by Pink Floyd
4. “La Valse D’Amelie” from the soundtrack to “Amelie”
3. “Smokin’ From Shootin’ by My Morning Jacket
2. “Sweet Dreams (are made of this) by Emily Browning (From the “Sucker Punch” Soundtrack).
1.”Joga” by Bjork (actually the entire selection of songs from “Bjork’s Greatest Hits”
Oh, and PS——> I am soooo excited and honored that I was added to the VERY talented design team at Punky Scraps. The challenges are awesome, and have rockin’ prizes. If you like paint, mist, and things a little bit away from the “norm”…come and punk it up with us! 🙂 And thanks to my VERY wonderful kind, and encouraging friend Julie for encouraging me to give the Punky Scraps call a try. 🙂
Happy Weekend, Friends!